At Over the Mountain Dentistry we believe that you deserve dental care that meets YOUR needs. That is why we try to be as flexible as possible to cater to you with convenient scheduling, relaxing amenities and comprehensive dental services.
We invite you to make Over the Mountain Dentistry your new dental home.
Take Your Smile to New Heights
Learn more about what sets us apart from other dental practices below.
Comprehensive General & Preventive Dentistry for the Whole Family
Regular visits to our office ensure that your teeth and mouth remain as healthy as possible. We give thorough dental examinations to all of our patients, whether it is their first visit or one of many. We strive to help you maintain a truly excellent level of oral health for the rest of your life.
Our dental services are designed for the entire family, and we are proud to treat children as well. We make all children feel comfortable in our office and make sure that they have fun as well! We offer a comprehensive set of dental services specifically for children. Why not come to our office where you and your child can receive dental treatment at the same time??
Dentistry for Teenagers
Are your teens tired of going to see a pediatric dentist? Are they ready for a more “grown up” dental experience? We are just the place for them. They don’t have to be treated in rooms with trains, balloons or stuffed animals at our practice. We will treat them like adults, while still making sure you (the parents) are involved in their dental care.
Cosmetic and Restorative Dentistry
We provide a range of Cosmetic and Restorative services to help you maintain, enhance and rejuvenate your beautiful smile. Our dental team is trained to provide Teeth Whitening, Porcelain Veneers, Cosmetic Bonding, CEREC Single Visit Crowns, Dental Implant Restorations, Bridges, Bonding, and Complete and Partial Dentures.
Clear Braces to Straighten Your Smile
We offer clear, virtually invisible aligners to straighten your teeth called Invisalign® Invisible Teeth Alignment. We specialize in orthodontic treatment for both adults and teenagers.
Safe & Clean
It is one of our top priorities to protect the well-being of our valued patients. For this reason, our office meets and surpasses all OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) and CDC (Center for Disease Control) standards. We are confident that you will feel right at home in our office as we welcome all patients as if they were family.
“Five Star” Patient Experience
We believe that every patient who comes through our door deserves “VIP Treatment.” When you will arrive you will be greeted warmly, and you quickly see that every team member at our practice has your comfort, convenience and personal care as their top priority.
Dental Technology to Increase Your Comfort
We incorporate advanced dental technology into our treatment to increase your comfort and our ability to diagnose and treat you.
- Low Radiation Digital X-rays: Uses 90% less radiation and provides immediate images to quickly diagnose hidden problems.
- Topical Anesthesia (or “numbing gel”): we utilize this numbing agent that s specifically designed for dental offices. The agent quickly numbs the area where any needle injections need to be made, make them virtually painless.
- Zoom! In-Office Teeth Whitening: whiter teeth and fast results. Special lights and gel are applied, resulting in teeth that are eight to 10 shades lighter in approximately one hour.
- Invisalign® Invisible Teeth Alignment: these alternatives to metal braces can straighten your teeth using virtually invisible aligners that can be removed while eating.
- Vizilite® Early Oral Cancer Detection: an oral cancer detection system that identifies soft tissue abnormalities that may eventually turn into oral cancer. With the help of this tool, we can see abnormal tissues that aren’t visible to the naked eye.
- DIAGNOdent® Laser Cavity Detection: uses a laser diode to inspect your teeth to uncover even the slightest levels of tooth decay. This allows us to address decay before it becomes a more costly issue for you.
- Tooth-Colored BruxZir® Solid Zirconium Crowns & Bridges: stronger and more durable solution that will last longer in your mouth. The white ceramic looking material is also more esthetically pleasing than cast gold and/or metal.
- Nitrous Oxide Sedation: Also known as laughing gas, Nitrous Oxide is beneficial in calming a patient’s anxiety before a procedure. It is used primarily for its anesthetic and analgesic properties. It is a safe and effective gas that is inhaled by the patient.
- Intraoral Camera: See inside your mouth just as we do. The camera helps us educate you about what is going on in our mouth and how we can treat you and improve your oral health and your appearance.
Relaxing Amenities & Comfortable Office
Our new office was built from the ground up with your comfort and convenience in mind. All of our treatment rooms have comfortable chairs combined with an overall ambiance to make you feel relaxed on your visit.
Our office also features complimentary amenities such as:
- WIFI wireless internet
- Coffee: decaf, caffeinated and flavored
- Organic fruit-infused water
- Warm blankets
- Flat screen TVs in every treatment room
- Current magazines for you to enjoy
Convenience for the Whole Family
We make our dentistry as painless and stress-free as possible, while offering convenient scheduling and comprehensive dental services. We are conveniently located on Cahaba Road in Mountain Brook Village. Our location features free and abundant parking in our open lot and is handicap accessible. We are pleased to offer appointments before school and work! We serve children and adults of all ages, and it is not uncommon for parents and children to come in for appointments at the same time.
Financial & Payment Options
Traditional insurance is welcome and accepted at our practice. As a courtesy, we will gladly file all insurance claims on your behalf. We are in-network with Blue Cross Blue Shield, and we gladly accept cash, American Express, Visa or MasterCard for out of pocket expenses.